Follow 7 Steps to Learn How to Write a Persuasive Essay
When writing a persuasive essay your object is to change the opinions of your readers. Your essay will present a topic of interest, and function to create like-mindedness between you and the reader. Follow these steps to learn how to write the best persuasive essay possible:
- Plan: When beginning your persuasive essay it important to plan. By allotting plenty of time for the research and writing process of the persuasive essay will make for the best essay possible.
- Brainstorm: Think about subjects on which you have opinions. Do any unique ideas come to mind? By picking something you find personally interesting, you will help make the research and writing process better for yourself. It will be a fun search for the necessary support for your topic—rather than a trying chore.
- Research: Once you have brainstormed and selected the best possible topic for your persuasive essay, you will want to begin researching. Now, you should have already completed some general research on the field and topic, but now you will be searching for data and information to support your persuasive point.
- Organize: With all of your research, you will want to develop an organization for your persuasive essay. The most helpful organizational system is an outline. An outline is the skeleton of your paper, providing you with a roadmap to follow while writing.
- Support: Your support will already be found in your research, but it is also very important to present the support properly and often. Any statement in your persuasive essay should be backed by support. Whether you provide a quote, statistic, poll, chart, or any other information—this support develops credibility on the subject.
- Counter-argue: When presenting a persuasive topic, there will always be counter-arguments. You will want to plan for your readers having these contradictory opinions, and present the counter-arguments on the subject, too. By acknowledging contradictions, you are able to explain why this information does not change the persuasive point your essay is making.
- Edit: As with any paper, your last step will be editing. It is crucial to success to edit and proofread your paper. At the very least, read it over yourself and make edits. To take it a step further, consult peers or professors for additional constructive feedback—making your paper more universally appealing and effective to more readers.
Stuck with your Persuasive Paper paper? Get it done at My paper writing service.