A List Of Fresh Topics For Cause And Effect Essays
One of the best ways to understand why something happens the way it does is to understand both the cause of the event and its effect on the individual or society. Historically, one can look into a variety of topics to understand why understand both elements of discussion are important. Some examples include, but are not limited to:
Types of Cause and Effect
- The car is out of oil (cause) and now the engine has stopped working (effect).
- Declaring a major in economics (cause) has allowed Bill to obtain substantial job offers (effect).
- Going to war at the age of 18 in the 1960’s (cause) helped the movement to lower the voting age from 21 to 18 (effect).
- If a celebrity endorses a specific sports drink (cause) then more people are likely to purchase it (effect).
- When someone loses their job for a long period of time (cause) they are more likely to undergo emotional and financial stress (effect).
- When children are bullied or teased in school (cause) they are more likely to suffer from low self-esteem (effect).
Why is this important?
Reading these examples should help one understand that because something happens, something else is likely to occur as a result. This serves as a way for a writer to fully develop the topic of their writing due to the ability to expand upon a topic once a cause and effect statement is written. From the first example, a writer can explain the importance of changing oil in a vehicle, the purpose oil in a vehicle serves and the importance of what the engine does for the rest of the components in a vehicle. The last example serves as a way for a writer to engage their readers into the importance of making sure young children are treated fairly and not in fear of ridicule because they wear glasses or dress a certain way.
Cause and effect topics help develop the mind into understanding the importance of why people do the things that they do. It also helps to better serve the public knowledge on a variety of topics from the oil in the car, waiting for coffee to cool off so they do not get burned or even something as simple as engaging in exercise and proper nutrition every day helping towards a longer life. Nothing in life exists without cause and effect, but it is important to understand both of these to ensure life runs as a well-oiled machine.