A List Of Interesting Argumentative Essay Topics You Should Consider
If you are tasked with an argumentative essay and you want something interesting, then look no further than the examples below. If you are looking for a great topic to motivate your essay, consider writing about morality or personal character. Look over the example prompts below and see if any of them strike you or pique your interest:
- Should people who are in public and see trouble brewing be morally obligated to intervene? Is it immoral to stand by and watch or ignore it?
- Should people care about the safety and the health of the people who make their clothes?
- Is it possible for money to buy happiness?
- Does the accumulation of wealth and material goods psychologically induce happiness?
- Is society currently losing its ability to have conversations and listen to the other person?
- Do people today complain more than in the past?
- Is being kind considered lame?
- Is it more important to work hard or have talent?
- Is it still important to remain calm in the face of adversity or trouble?
- At what point should be compromise themselves, if ever?
- Is the current generation of youths more self-centered than before?
- Is it possible to be a good person without a god?
- Do curse words lose their shock value when they are used often?
- Are there any words or phrases that are used too much?
- Is it better for couples to live together prior to being married?
- Should people be encouraged to marry someone with their same religion, for the sake of raising children without conflict?
- Is there an acceptable time limit to lingering in a restaurant or café?
- Is it important to maintain a clean home?
- Do creative people have messier work spaces?
Once you have the topic, it is time to start writing. It is important that you identify three parameters when writing. These parameters are what you are going to use to prove your thesis. For longer papers you will need more than three parameters but for a smaller essay you can get by with just three. If you are going to write an essay about how Marie Antoinette was a dynamic leader then you want to find three key traits that support her leadership style as dynamic. Once you find these parameters you should write them down. Take these notes with you as you start writing. Make sure that you prove each parameter with factual examples or evidence.