How to plan and write a marketing essay
When students decide to study marketing, they should know that their instructors will assign essays. Marketing students need to be creative with words and there is no better way to show that creativity than when writing a marketing essay. Whether the essay is persuasive, narrative, or informative, marketing students can show their creativity in the way the plan and write the essay. Here are a few suggestions for planning and writing an interesting marketing essay:
- Read marketing essays. Since most students do not write marketing essays until they decide to major in marketing, they have very little experience in writing these specific essays. The most essays that you can read, the better prepared you will be to write your very own. As you read marketing essays, you should look for the specialized sentences, like the claim, the details, and the documented items. As a marketing student, you should also pay attention to the way that marketing essays are introduced, since that tends to be the part of the essay that can show your creativity.
- Know your marketing terminology. Before you write your marketing essay, you should learn the terminology that will show you know your topic. Marketing essays should be highly focused and without the proper terminology, your instructor will doubt your knowledge.
- Find a fascinating topic. In order to write a phenomenal marketing essay, you need a phenomenal topic. Your instructor will be reading several essays, so if you want yours to stand out (in a good way), you should choose a topic that you are interested in studying and arguing. All you need to do is look at the latest news about marketing and pick something that catches your eye. Then, do a little research about the topic so you have enough information to write an essay. If you need to document sources, then be sure to save the sources you use to learn about the topic.
- Write a rough outline. This step is for you, so you can keep your essay focused. Many student will write essays without drafting a plan in the form of an outline, so they tend to ramble or forget something.
- Draft the essay. The keyword here is “draft,” which means you are not writing the final copy. A draft is meant to be edited and revised, so do this. When you write a draft, you should not edit your words which allows you to explore the topic fully.