A List Of Good Persuasive Essay Topics For 11th Graders
A persuasive essay is one that works to try and get the audience to agree with one side of an issue. You will need to choose a topic that is controversial or one that has both supporters and opposition for this type of essay. That is because it is impossible to write a persuasive paper on a fact. You have to write it about a topic that is a matter of opinion and not a fact.
Deciding on a topic to write your paper on is not always easy. That is because it is very important to make sure that you write it on a subject that interests you and one that you feel strongly about. If you don’t really care either way, you may not be able to get the conviction that you need to complete this paper effectively.
- People should have to take a new driving test every ten years
- Kids should be rewarded for getting good grades
- Computer classes should be more of a focus in school
- I am old enough to babysit
- There should be greater penalties for those that bully others
- Cigarettes and cigars should be more expensive to deter use
- Smokers should pay higher amounts for Medicare
- New parents should be required to take parenting classes
- Statewide tests are pointless
- The voting age should be lowered
Once you have chosen your topic, the next step is to create an outline. It will help you work out your ideas and put them in a logical order. You can use a simple five paragraph essay format to write this paper. This would include an introduction that discusses any background information or vocabulary that you may need to know to complete this successfully. It will also include a thesis statement which will express your side of the issue and three reasons why you believe it. The body will consist of three paragraphs. Each one will describe a reason to support your position on the issue. You will need to use transitions when going from one topic to the next. You will end with a conclusion, which will restate your claim and also work to wrap it all up. You will need to make sure that you proofread and edit your paper so that it is free of mistakes. You should read it through a few times to make sure that you have found them all.